Today, at an event that took place in New York City. Bragi, a hearable company announced a trio of updates coming to its line of wireless Bluetooth headphones, including The Dash Pro, The Dash Pro tailored by Starkey, and Bragi OS 3.
The updates follow the launch of The Headphone device that Bragi debuted earlier this year at a lower cost to The Dash, allowing The Headphone to enter the market as a more direct competitor to the Apple's AirPods.
The Dash ProThe Dash Pro's major updates center around what Bragi described as "professional grade" Bluetooth connectivity that provides audio to users "without interruption," improving on some connection issues that owners of the original Dash faced. Other improvements include a five hour battery life on a single charge (up from three), with a carrying case that can recharge The Dash Pro up to five times, totaling 30 hours of battery life on the go.
The Dash PRO contains more than 150 micro-components, a 32-bit processor, artificial intelligence powered by Dash AI and 27 sensors, all in a package about the size of your fingertip. Those sensors help ignite Bragi’s unique Kinetic User Interface, which enables users to literally turn their body into the device with a tap of the cheek or a nod of the head through the Virtual 4-D menu.All of the advancements represent what Bragi is calling a "powerful ear computer," and not just a normal headphone or hearable device. Other additions in BOS3 include:
- Virtual 4D Menu - The Virtual 4D Menu is a unique hands-free, head-gestures (and audio only) way of interacting with The Dash Pro tailored by Starkey, The Dash Pro and The Dash, giving users the option of accessing core features in situations where their hands are preoccupied with other things.
- Easy Bluetooth Handling - A simple one-touch setup connects your Android, Apple or Windows device in a matter of seconds. The six-digit confirmation code has been removed while a secure connection is maintained. The menu for Bluetooth Classic and BLE connections can be now found on the right earbud, leaving the left earbud for third party Apps integration.
- Simplified Touch Interface - The Touch UI has been simplified and made more ergonomic to use. Additional “Use Guides” support the user to easily connect to The Dash and explore its smart capabilities.
- Offline Storage and Data Transfer - Activity sessions are now stored and transferred to the Bragi app automatically so they can be accessed for future use.
- Sound Improvements - Advanced tonal balance for natural sound.
- Clearer Audio Transparency - The microphone’s noise floor has been greatly reduced and improvements have been made in understanding the naturalness of the acoustic landscape.